We have long-standing processes for investing in structured credit that have served our clients over many business and credit cycles, focusing on:
- A targeted universe
- Company-specific research
- Relative value screen
- Diversification principles
- Structure review
- Analyst recommendations
- Monitoring and oversight
Fixed income experience and singular focus, discipline, independence and agility position Seix Investment Advisors to capture upside potential while limiting downside risk.
Why Seix for CLOs?
Leveraged loan critical mass
- We launched our Leveraged Loan strategy in 2006 and currently have $8.2 billion in leveraged loan AUM (including 7 CLOs), as well as $4.8 billion in high yield bond assets as of 9/30/15
- This mass creates an advantage in receiving allocations of the most desirable new issue leveraged loans
Large and visible presence in the leveraged finance market
- We have a seasoned Leveraged Loan investment team that possesses deep knowledge of the industry
- The High Yield and Leveraged Loan team is fully integrated, which ensures that we tap every source of information before investing
Focused on and attentive to downside risk and protecting principal
- We do not "swing for the fences" through the selection of riskier loans
- Their emphasis is crucial in an asset class that is migrating to par
We pride ourselves on extensive interaction between analysts and portfolio managers
- This ensures that we exploit capital structure inefficiencies
- Some other firms enforce a public and private wall between analysts that impedes information flow and crucial communication
The CLOs have had their final closing and are not conducting any further offerings of notes at this time.
Managing Director, Head of Leveraged Finance, Senior Portfolio Manager